Samsung laptop hard drive

akr123 09:53 10 Dec 10

Hi all I've just bought a
samsung R580 laptop & when setting it up the hard drive split from one 500Gb to two 250Gb hard drives one called Hard disc drive "C" the other Hard disc drive "D". Can anybody tell me why this has happened & is it possible to restore it back to one 500Gb drive. Than you all PS this is my first post so if I've done things wrong sorry.
Keith Roberts.

jamesd1981 10:29 10 Dec 10

hi keith, no idea why it would have done that on setup, usually you partion a hard drive to have a seperate partion to store your documents to keep them safe but has to be done manually, you can alter the partion using easeus partion master home edition its free to download and easy to use, just check that the 2nd extra partion it has made is empty and that its not a recovery partion.

keef66 14:55 10 Dec 10

That's what I did with my son's Samsung R700. He set it up himself, and seems to have accepted all the defaults offered, so the HDD was split 50:50. Pretty soon his i-Tunes collection had just about filled the C:\ partition. I used Easeus PM to shrink D:\ and expand C:\

akr123 14:19 13 Dec 10

Thank you both for your advice & help. I've downloaded Easeus PM but not used it yet, I think I need to have a good read first, I don't want to do any more damage to the Drive. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced