Samsung FDD drivers

madzad 22:52 22 Feb 05

If anyone could tell me where I can get the drivers for this floppy drive, I would really appreciate it. The OS Im using is XP home.

Many thanks in advance
Steve

goonerbill © ® 22:53 22 Feb 05

you dont need drivers for a floppy disk. windows should see it straight away.

goonerbill © ® 22:56 22 Feb 05

that should say floppy drive not disk. if you are having problems post back what they are and i or some will see whats the best way of fixing the problem

madzad 23:02 22 Feb 05

Hi Goonerbill
It picked up on my desktop (using XP) but my laptop didnt pick it up, which is strange. I have tried using add new hardware and it asks for the drivers.
Cheers
Steve

goonerbill © ® 22:57 23 Feb 05

i assume that your laptop has xp as well. xp on your pc is up to date SP2 etc: is your laptop up to date as well. maybe the version of xp on laptop is older than pc's and dont have the drivers.

sorry not much more i can say for why your are having this problem. maybe one of the others will know.

Totally-braindead 23:30 23 Feb 05

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Do you have a floppy disk that the floppy disk drive won't read or do have some problem with an actual floppy disk drive? If its a problem with a floppy disk drive then what type of drive is it, internal or a USB one?

TomJerry 02:59 24 Feb 05

is it an external usb FDD?

madzad 10:37 24 Feb 05

To answer all, its a plug in USB port floppy drive and yes TomJ. Its external, thats a good point about the power. Can I sort this out with the power management profiles?

Thanks Gooner. Thats also a good point, its XP also but not internet ready, so how could I get SP2 on it?

Thanks
Steve

madzad 15:15 24 Feb 05

Sorted! Got a friend to come round and he found the drivers, seems Samsung hide the "real goodies" lol. Thanks to all who helped.
Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…