Samsung DVD-R100E DVD recorder

JohnVord 13:52 08 Feb 05

Just spotted this at £159.99 at:
click here
Has anyone any experience of the machine, please?
I've got 'Management' authority to buy it but am a little cautious as I am not good on teccie stuff.
Any thoughts, alternatives or views would be welcome.

JFT 15:59 08 Feb 05

I got one at Christmas and can confirm its a fantastic piece of kit.

JohnVord 16:29 08 Feb 05

Thanks for that, we've now got two votes in favour; yours and mine!

JohnVord 16:29 08 Feb 05

Thanks for that, we've now got two votes in favour; yours and mine!

SEASHANTY 16:35 08 Feb 05

Like the Panasonics, JVC's, Toshiba's and Hitachi's the SAMSUNG also supports DVD-RAM in both record and playback mode and is therefore an excellent buy.

JohnVord 16:38 08 Feb 05

Thanks, thats three of us now, any more, I wonder?
As I visit the US from time to time, I shall be able to use their DVD format also, I believe.

SEASHANTY 16:44 08 Feb 05

Just had another look at the link you gave. Surprised that it's Tesco. I have a Freeview STB connected to the second scart input sockets on my Panasonics and JVC. This socket will probably be marked as Satellite or Decoder input. This will give you all the extra channels. The TV tuner will just be an analogue tuner as almost all the DVD recorders are at this time.

JohnVord 16:46 08 Feb 05

I've signed up for Tesco's "deal of the day". Some great offers on there.

SEASHANTY 16:51 08 Feb 05

You need a multi-region modified player to play the USA and Canada region 1 discs. We are region 2 in Europe. It doesn't say that it's multi-region - just multi-format. It will also be 240V whereas in the States they use 115V. Need a transformer.

JohnVord 16:53 08 Feb 05

I was thinking of buying DVD's whilst there.

SEASHANTY 17:12 08 Feb 05

They will not play on this machine. I have checked on Pricerunner and ten retailers have this model but none seem to have a multi-region version. Some firms carry out modifications (rechipping) but this costs anything from £20 to £60. Some retailers sell DVD recorders already multi-region adapted - just check this out on the pricerunner website - but the Samsung isn't one of them. My Panasonics and JVC were purchased from Digital-point Birmingham already modified and they will play region 1 DVD's. However I think you will find that the gap in the UK is closing between US & UK outlets and the U.K. Dvd's are now cheaper. Just check this out on the
website between the Jersey C.I. and U.S.A. outlets.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…