Samsung Digimax Camera wont download

Halmer 22:43 05 Dec 03

I have XP and am assuming that the camera will work OK as it did on ME.

I have installed the Twain floppy and MGI photosuite as before.

I can't get it to downloa tho'. I have tried all four com ports without success.

Can anyone help please?

jameswalpole 22:51 05 Dec 03

Hi,

I've got a Samsung digimax 340 and whilst I can't comment on your current problems, I would recommend you investing in a card reader, it saves you draining your Camera's battery power whilst you use the USB connection to download you pictures.

It also makes use of the excellent photographic folder options availiable to you with your Windows XP.

You can probably get a card reader for around £10 on ebuyer.co.uk, you wont regret it !

Halmer 23:02 05 Dec 03

I must admit that the camera is a bit long in the tooth now. Maybe Santa will read this thread.

I just can't understand why it isn't picking up the downloads.

Dipso 23:54 05 Dec 03

You don't say which model of Digimax you have so forgive my ignorance, but have you checked if there are any driver updates available on the Samsung Website.

wags 00:04 06 Dec 03

Jim Toon's advice is best. Get a USB card reader. This will be recognised as removable drive and will not require any drivers/software, as you are running XP. Try 7 Day shop for good prices click here

Halmer 08:06 06 Dec 03

Digimax 800K

anchor 09:19 06 Dec 03

I would strongly suggest you follow the advice given by Jim Toon and wags. Having had various digital cameras for some years I know that downloading directly from cameras can often be a problem. Using a card reader will overcome this.

I am not familiar with your camera, and realise that if it has internal memory a card reader will not solve your difficulty. In such case, try contacting the UK Samsung free technical helpline on:

00800 1226 3727.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…