samsung digimax A50 camera

howard64 20:24 21 Sep 06

Misco are offering this at £69.99 incl vat. Is this good value? and is this a good camera? all advise appreciated as usual.

skidzy 20:49 21 Sep 06

Hi Howard

For that money and camera with optical zoom,sounds a decent buy.

However,i believe it uses AA's which leads me to a debate i had a while ago.Ive used many different digital camera's and would only buy a camera now that uses Lithium-Ion.

yes we can buy rechargables,but do we really want to carry these around in our pocket.

Whereas the lithion ion will get you a lot more shots and playback.

Also the sensor will play a big part in the quality of the photo,ive also noticed it has a CCD lens = charged coupled device.This is good as opposed to a cmos sensor.

Overall for the money,a good buy.

Hope this helps.

howard64 20:50 21 Sep 06

thanks skidzy very useful

De Marcus™ 20:54 21 Sep 06

It's most certainly good value, and depending on what you define as a a 'good camera' then yes it is for the money.

It has a decent 5m pixel resolution, a 3x optical zoom, a whopping 2.5" lcd screen, a samsung SHD lens and is cheap as chips, what more could you want? Apart from an MMC or SD card and batteries.

Battery wise, a good set of Metal hydride's will be worthwhile, especially a set of four. However it can take the following:

2 x AA alkaline, or CR-V3(Lithium) battery Secondary Batteries: 2 x Ni-MH, Samsung SBP-1303(Lithium Ion)

All together, camera, cards, batteries should be around the £100 mark, which for what you get is worthwhile.

howard64 21:11 21 Sep 06

thanks De Marcus™ order now placed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac