samsung CLP-320 any comments?

Jacqual 19:48 09 Jan 11

Thinking of replacing my Epson R360 with a Samsung CLP-320 colour laser which is currently available for less than £100. As this is quite new is there anyone who has got one which they can comment on (quality of photo print etc). I am fed-up with ink jets and attracted to colour lasers which are now affordable. But then again they are currently giving inkjets away so difficult to know what to do for the best with costs changing so rapidly.I don't need high volume/speed but want good quality photos.However I am fed up with inkjet reliability, cost etc.
My Epson has decided not to recognise a cartridge which it was happy with before so now won't print anything. I have been using Tesco compatible carts with no problems - uptil now.Time for a change?

digicammad 14:01 10 Mar 11

I just bought the CLP320 because I don't print photos very often and am fed up with my colour inkjet blocking. I have only printed on cheap copier paper so far but the quality has been excellent. I think on colour photo paper it wouldn't be far short of the photo inkjet printers.

Not sure it would be of high enough quality to sell, but for personal use I think it is fine.

Does anybody know if you have to profile colour lasers, also any recommendations for paper?

northumbria61 14:25 10 Mar 11

Info here regarding paper to use click here

northumbria61 14:29 10 Mar 11

For laser photo printing there is a recommendation that you go for at least a 2400dpi for quality prints - see 2nd one down click here

northumbria61 14:37 10 Mar 11

A bit here about "profiles" click here

click here

woodchip 14:43 10 Mar 11
  woodchip 14:55 10 Mar 11

If you Try Normal Inkjet Glossy paper you will damage the Printer. You should only use Laser Paper or normal Copy Paper. You can buy Laser Gloss but its not like Inkjet. And not come across any laser that will print as good as a Inkjet doing Photos. And I have one of the old better Lasers a Epson C1100

This is mine at the top big and need a crane to lift it click here Does a good job of Photos but not as good as Inkjet on Glossy Paper. but advantage is quality of Photos are nearly as good on the cheapest Copy Paper

digicammad 07:00 15 Mar 11

Thanks for the info about profiles and paper folks.

Ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…