Samsung CLP-300 red LED permanently on

lightfeet 08:29 18 Sep 08

My 18 month old, but not heavily used Samsung CLP 300 Laser Printer has stopped working on both my XP & Vista computers. The red status LED is permanently on, which from the manual, indicates a paper jam, a cover open or the waste toner container is full. I have checked all these items & all are OK. Also a “Dr Printer” diagnostic check says the printer is working correctly.
Last week, prior to the printer stopping completely, it was stopping when the paper was half way through. Does anyone have any other ideas I can check before I dump the printer?

I am Spartacus 08:48 18 Sep 08

Check carefully for paper fragments around the rollers. A small piece will stop it working. Have you also replaced the toner?

lightfeet 09:47 18 Sep 08

I have checked for fragments of paper & the printer is spotless inside. The toner cartridges haven't been replaced but if I have to do this I might as well buy a new printer. I have not printed anywhere near the number of pages quoted for the cartridges & also none of the cartridge LEDs are lit. I have now removed the cartridges & shaken them to redistribute the toner, but this hasn't had any affect & the red LED is still on. Many thanks for your advice

lightfeet 00:22 19 Sep 08

After a further check in good light I found a small piece of paper inside & after removing it the Status LED now operates correctly. However I am now back to my original difficulty in that the paper is not feeding from the tray. I shall resolve this thread & start a new one for the paper jam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…