Samsung 308B (DVD/CDRW) drivers??

geekuk 09:33 28 May 03

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get drivers for my Samsung 308b dvd/cdrw drive????

beeuuem 12:06 28 May 03

The Samsung site which I have uesd previously does not seem to have firmware at the moment. You could , at your own risk, try click here

recap 12:12 28 May 03

click here and register, they may have the driver you require.

beeuuem 02:47 30 May 03

With luck this link will take you to the Samsung site where you can D/L the liveupdate programme, which will update the drive automatically, or find the firmware you are looking for and D/L that. click here

beeuuem 02:51 30 May 03

Wasn't sure where the link would take you((or me!)When you click here click on the firmware tab at the top of the page which takes you to the options of manually D/L or D/L Live update.

DieSse 09:22 30 May 03

geekuk

DieSse 09:28 30 May 03

Sorry about that - clicked the wrong mouse button!! So here we go again :-

You should not need drivers for a DVD and/or CD-R/RW drive. Windows contains drivers to make them work, I have never met any that need drivers other than the standard Windows ones.

You may need programs to play DVD films, and to write CD-R/RWs - this is a different matter.

You ahve been offered firmware updates, whic are not the same thing at all. Firmware updates reprogram a chip inside the drives, and are normally used to correct errors in the way the drive works, and/or give new facilities. Under most circumstances, you would be unlikely to need firmware updates.

So, what are the circumstances that lead you to ask for drivers - someone may be able to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…