Sample.htm

jessieros 18:11 27 Mar 09

For the last few days, a shortcut to a URL has placed itself on my desktop every time I restart my computer.
There is a message on the page reading
"This is an example of inserting reusable html blocks whenever you need them. They are easy and fun to use.

First highlight a block of text and click the F8 key (or select "Save Selection" from the Edit menu). You will be prompted for a filename. Type in something memorable and click save. It will now be listed in the insert snippet combo box for you to reuse at your cursor position."

I use AVG and also Spybot but neither have found whatever is causing this to happen. I have also checked my start-up folder with no success.
I'd be grateful for any ideas as to how to get rid of this slightly annoying problem!
Thanks
Jessica

Sea Urchin 18:18 27 Mar 09

The only combo boxes that come mind are in either MS Access or Open Office. Try going to Start/Run/type msconfig and click OK. Go to Startup tab and see if any of the entries look like your problem shortcut. If so uncheck the box to the left, and click Apply and OK. It may prompt you to restart.

mfletch 18:19 27 Mar 09

What is the address url linked to

Does it give you a clue right click properties

Sea Urchin 18:49 27 Mar 09

Good thinking mfletch

jessieros 19:35 27 Mar 09

Thanks for your ideas. Unfortunately though, the property of the shortcut just shows the path to my desktop and not an internet URL - mystery!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017