same problem with two games, camera keeps jumping

bretjones 21:05 22 Aug 07

i seem to be having the same problem with two of my games; rome total war and sim city 4.

what happens is when i move around the rts map in rome, the camera kinda jumps constantly,
this happens on simcity 4 too.

i dont know whether this is a common problem, i tried googling it, but couldnt find anything similar, i will keep trying though because its driving me nuts.

any help would be well appreciated. thanks.

woodchip 21:06 22 Aug 07

That sounds like a Low Speck Graphics or you need to Update the Drivers for the card

bretjones 21:25 22 Aug 07

balls, i forget to list the spec.

8800gts 320mb
amd athlon x2
2gb 667mhz ram
xp home

so i dont think its a problem with my spec. and i think i have all the drivers for my gfx card too, i think. where can i update drivers from, if this is the problem?

woodchip 21:31 22 Aug 07

From GFX site. GFX does not tell me much. but hears a forum that keeps uptodate drivers plus tweaked drivers to get the best from the card. You have to Register FREE click here

bretjones 21:47 22 Aug 07

what else do you need to know. sorry im a bit of a newb at all this computer stuff

woodchip 21:52 22 Aug 07

You need to know the make of card i.e is a Ati or what? You could download and run Belarc to tell you what your computer as got click here

bretjones 21:57 22 Aug 07

i said in the spec, nvidea 8800gts 320mb by BFG. (granted i forgot to say it was by BFG). anyway no matter now, i got rome total war working, after i got the latest driver installed. bet you guys get this all the time. im installing simcity 4 again now to see if that works. thanks for the link woodchip.

bretjones 21:59 22 Aug 07

just a quickie here: will installing the latest drivers make games run any faster? just wondering thats all. i have only been using the driver which came with the gfx card, which is probably months out of date. cheers again.

woodchip 21:59 22 Aug 07

Glad to see you sorted some of it out

woodchip 22:03 22 Aug 07

As above you can get Tweaked Drivers from the above site so that your card will run as fast as it can

citadel 22:05 22 Aug 07

Install game patches this may fix camera jump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…