same problem with all media players

PhiltheFragger 20:56 04 Feb 11

I have a funny one I need some help on

Dell Inspiron I3 CPU 4 Gb Ram,Win 7 64 bit

when you try to open a file in any media player ( Windows, Itunes, VLC, Media Centre) it starts to play the track, but then skips after a few seconds to another track then starts to scroll through all the tracks in the music folder (37Gb of them.

It also effects DVDs being played through WMP, WMC & power DVD

I have updated drivers for sound, and all windows updates are up to date.

Well stuck on this one

Cheers

rdave13 23:44 04 Feb 11

One thing to check is that there are no sound enhancement selected.
In start search box type sound.
In the list click on sound. Click on speakers once and select properties tab. Select enhancement and tick the box for disable enhancement. Also click on advanced tab and if not greyed out click on restore defaults.

PhiltheFragger 11:22 06 Feb 11

Its not a "sound "setting.

Something is causing all media players to scroll through the entire list of music, almost as if it were reading each track to bring it into a library or playlist.

but both Itunes and media player are reporting the same number of songs in the library.

If you click on a song , it will play for a few seconds, them start scrolling, it will settle on a random song, play that for a few seconds, then start scrolling again

same thing also effects the track listing on a DVD
it will jump from chapter to chapter.

Thanks Chaps

lotvic 01:07 07 Feb 11

I found same problem but it is for Winamp but it may give you some pointers click here

also when you did as rdave13 suggested, did you restart the PC after? click here
Click Start - Control Panel - Sound
Right click on the Speaker/Headphones icon and choose properties
Click on the "enhancements" tab
Select the "Disable all enhancements" check box
When finished, restart your PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac