same info as on Outlook, but Live doesn't receive

MikeStrafford 21:35 17 Jun 14

Hi

I have set up my email accounts on Windows live,as my software doesn't support Outlook Express. Using the same settings as on Express, I can send emails ok, but I acn't receive. This is the error I receive:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Mike GFJ account. Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the email server using secure password authentication. Contact your email provider and verify that it supports secure password authentication. To change this logon setting, in the folder list, right-click on the account name, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu. In the Properties dialog, click the Servers tab, and then under Incoming Mail Server, select a logon option. Server Response: . Server: 'mail.getfreshjuice.co.uk' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC18 Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): No

Can you offer a solution please?

many thanks

Mike

clarkkent 06:46 18 Jun 14

Hi Mike,

Receiving email issues usually cause if you have assigned wrong incoming server details to the email client application (Outlook or Outlook Express). To fix such issues first input the right Windows live mail settings, which are:

SMTP Server (Outgoing Messages)

• smtp.live.com
  • port number: 587 (Start TLS)*

POP Server (Incoming Messgaes)

• pop3.live.com
  • port number: 995 (SSL)

Note: Also allow the given above server layer authentication for the settings from the “Advanced Settings” option.

Thanks & Regards

Clark Kent

MikeStrafford 09:37 18 Jun 14

Thanks for that Clark - but now I'm getting the following: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was [email protected]'.

Subject 'test' Server Error: 550 Server Response: 550 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated Server: 'smtp.live.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78 Protocol: SMTP Port: 587 Secure(SSL): Yes

Any further ideas?

Thank you so much

Mike

MikeStrafford 09:48 18 Jun 14

yikes - loads of errors now:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was [email protected]'.

Subject 'test' Server Error: 530 Server Response: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first Server: 'smtp.live.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78 Protocol: SMTP Port: 587 Secure(SSL): No

clarkkent 07:26 21 Jun 14

Hi Mike,

The given error(0x800CCC78 )occurs, if you have disable the “My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication” option from the “Outgoing Server” options.

Helpful link: How to Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc78

Hope it will resolve your issue!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Clark Kent

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now