Same game twice on pc???

MidgetMan 14:37 19 Feb 06

Ok, a nice little puzzle for a cold damp sunday.

Is it possible to install the same game twice on a pc? I want to install the expansion pack united offence for Call of duty, however if I do this it will auto install patch 1.4 which will prevent my daughter from playing on line with the sniper clan of which she belongs (the server does not support 1.4).

So can I install the game and the expansion onto my seconf hd and play it from there? Thus keeping me happy) and my daughter can play her version on line from the main drive (keeping her happy)?

DrScott 14:58 19 Feb 06

If you install the game to a different directory then you should be okay. I don't know for sure whether they'll be problems with the activation code - you may have problems with your version if you fancy online play.

I used to have various mods to Civ2 and the only way to keep the original game was to use a different directory for a new installation of the game and modding it there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…