same emails to 2 computers

palinka 16:40 14 Nov 03

In July I got help in this forum when I wanted to receive the same emails on 2 pcs. It works fine. Someone wrote that, "as an extra refinement you can delete an e-mail from the server by deleting it from Deleted Items on one pc, it then should not appear on the other."
I've never found this "extra refinement" to work. Can anyone suggest a way of performing this trick? It would be very useful.

Diodorus Siculus 16:59 14 Nov 03

Will you post a link to the original thread from July (click on "view your postings" above and copy / paste the link here.

I think that what was suggested will depend on your email client - what do you use?

palinka 17:22 14 Nov 03

Thanks, Diodorus siculus. Here is the link click here

I was puzzled right from the start about "leave a copy on the server" as neither pc is really the server. Maybe this has something to do with it.

Diodorus Siculus 17:30 14 Nov 03

The server is the POP3 server of your ISP.

What I do with my pc / laptop is set up the laptop to leave all emails on the server.

Tell the desktop to delete messages from the server after 2 days.

I use the desktop at home only (obviously) and when I get home I can download the emails to the desktop even though I have seen them on the laptop. I then use a synchronisation program to ensure that both machines have the same data (this means that replies sent from the laptop are also on the desktop).

By the way, I use BeckyMailer click here as my email program - it costs US$40 and has an excellent support fourm via yahoo groups.

john-232317 17:36 14 Nov 03

when he said "leave a copy on the server" he ment OE is the server,and the copy is left on OE.

If you delete, then delete again out of deleted,in the in box, it should delete it off the server, so your other pc wont download it.

Never tried it myself, but sounds OK.

palinka 18:42 14 Nov 03

thanks Diodorus Siculus, and Dadyassa.
What synchronisation program do you use to ensure that both machines have the same data?

palinka 19:01 14 Nov 03

I've now ticked 'Remove from server when deleted from "deleted Items"'. Never noticed that option before. Thanks both for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…