Sainsburys To You web page hanging

NormanD 21:57 14 Feb 03

This is puzzling me - anyone any suggestions please.
I use Sainsburys To You to shop online. While using a dial up modem it worked fine, now I have broadband it keeps hanging. I can get into the site OK but as soon as I try to search or move to the next page the progress marker creeps about halfway alomg then hangs. I can still get out without Ctrl Del so the system is still responding. I contacted Sainsburys, they said I may need to use a proxy server but I don't understand what this means. Everything else all other sites work fine and the I am more than pleased with the broadband, it's just this one site.
Windows 98SE / IE 6.0 (may have been version 5 on the dial up connection)

bullitt 00:00 15 Feb 03

same here, 98se ie6, cept i`m dial up till monday, i`ll try again then wiv bband, proxy server?? just tryin 2 impress u wiv big words i think! hic! obvious probs wi their site.

gore 20:33 14 Sep 03

I had the same problem, solved by IE Tools,Internet Options,Connections,LAN Settings, Tick use a proxy server Enter Address 62.254.32.4 Port 8080
You may have to go into Advanced and untick use HTTP 1.1 Then tick use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections

-pops- 20:45 14 Sep 03

If I had to mess about like that just to get my groceries, I'd go to click here

NormanD 22:58 14 Sep 03

Funny you should say that -pops- that's just what I did. I started off using Tesco, transferred my custom to Sainsbury's until I had these problems, then transferred back to Tesco. Back with Sainsbury's now as it works fine if I connect to Broadband through my laptop instead of the PC.
I'm sure it used to be less trouble to jusy drive to the supermarket :-)

Norman

roy 23:06 14 Sep 03

Do you use Zone Alarm?

Your problem sounds similar to the trouble I have been having with this website this week.
See my thread: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…