Sagem Router quiery

cowgirl66 10:27 17 Aug 08

I have noticed something puzzling about my sagem router. If I go to Network Connections and right-click on the icon for it, it says "Enable" in bold letters. Surely this is wrong as it's the router I am using to connect and must therefore already be "enabled"?

cowgirl66 10:50 17 Aug 08

I have now enabled the Sagem router, but I can't find it anywhere in Device Manager Now I'm more puzzled! It does have the in-built modem in there however. Surely the router should be there also?

Eric10 11:16 17 Aug 08

The bold type "Enabled" is informing you of the current status of your connection.
Your Sagem modem/router is an external device (not built into the computer) and doesn't require drivers to be installed so won't show up in device manager.
The modem that shows in device manager is your dialup modem that is built into the motherboard and is not used with broadband.

cowgirl66 11:30 17 Aug 08

Hi Eric 10,

Thank you for your help and for putting my mind at rest! I will close this thread as my query here today was part of an ongoing problem that started yesterday on this link below. The reason I asked about the router in this forum is because I wasn't getting anywhere with the issue below.

click here

Regards cowgirl66

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now