Safeworld on PC advisor cover disc - activation?

robbins2074 20:04 21 Jul 03

I have installed Safeworld from the September cover disc but it won't work until I enter a serial number but I can't find a serial number for this software anywhere in the magazine or on the disc.

Please help.

David

pce240v 20:39 21 Jul 03

Hi

You'r lucky. The only full program i've got is
'French to English' on disk one.
I dont seem to have disk two. Never mind ay !!!

poohkieboo 15:31 23 Jul 03

So does anyone know how to activate this?

mikef. 18:11 23 Jul 03

According to the mag page 172 you have to register online during installation process to get the serial number.

robbins2074 22:48 24 Jul 03

I worked out you got to register before installing the program.

Had installed the program from the automated PC Advisor instead of right clicking on the cd-rom icon and clicking open and clicking on safeworld. Wish that been made perfectly clear in the magazine instead i searched the entire disc for a serial number.

And its not 60 day trial, its 90 days.

Thanks,

David

adji 14:33 18 Aug 03

installed from disc- all i get is "fatal error"- rang helpline- useless response of "reinstall me" any ideas?

-pops- 14:59 18 Aug 03

Are any of you absolutely sure you want this program in your computer?

I don't know what it does or what it's supposed to do but I'm pretty sure you will be able to get alternatives that cause less problems than this seems to be doing.

I have a policy of never installing anything at all on a whim (resulting from disastrous experiences). Anything I might want to install, software or hardware, I think about it for a day or so beforehand. Usually by then the novelty and desire to have this thing, whatever it is, has gone away.

adji 16:24 18 Aug 03

now have to atake my week old pc back to supplier to get windows reinstalled. many thanks, pc advisor. i wont be using your free discs again- theyre too expensive! i wont be renewing my subscription, either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…