//some 3rd party need geo

Safely Remove Hardware icon

dp600 07:51 29 Jun 05

I have just put some new hardwere on my computer and now have this icon in the box near the clock bottem right of the screen.Can i remove the icon.
Thank You
Dave.

mgmcc 09:12 29 Jun 05

The icon is there for a purpose - so that you can remove hardware while Windows is running without the risk of crashing it or causing data corruption. In Windows XP, you can set it to "Always Hide" in the taskbar's Properties but, as far as I know, it cannot be removed.

Graham ® 09:19 29 Jun 05

Is this hardware connected via USB? If not, description of hardware, please.

Graham ® 09:28 29 Jun 05

Just read the title again! As mgmcc says, right click the taskbar, Properties, check 'Hide inactive icons'. It won't hide straight away, though. As the lady on the train said 'I should give it a minute'.

ventanas 09:55 29 Jun 05

This icon usually only appears for hardware connected by USB or Firewire, such as card readers, or renoveable drives. As Graham ® asked, what is it you have installed or connected.

A similar icon will as all new hardware is detected, but will dissapear after installation if its internal, or something like a printer.

dp600 10:24 29 Jun 05

Was a usb hardwere .|Thank you all.
Dave.

ventanas 10:30 29 Jun 05

OK if you want to disconnect the the usb device do not just unplug it. Right click on this icon and click the Safely remove hardware message that appears, select your device in the screen that follows and click on the Stop button. You will get a message that you can now disconnect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…