Safely Remove Hardware

Old Shep 09:33 04 Sep 04

Since installing my Speedtouch broadband modem I have the above icon permenantly in the bottom right hand corner next to the clock. Does anyone know how to get rid of it, I have looked in msconfig/startup but there is nothing there that I do not recognise and have tried disabling most of them. Thanks

Gongoozler 09:38 04 Sep 04

I think this icon will be there as long as you have a USB device plugged in. If you want to remove a usb device while the computer is switched on, you need to click on the icon and select the device you want to unplug.

Old Shep 09:45 04 Sep 04

Thanks for that. Running XP by the way. I have a scanner,printer,mouse and quickcam plugged in to usb as well. When I click on the safely remove hardware icon it only shows the speedtouch modem although everything is working.

Old Shep 09:52 04 Sep 04

Many thanks for that. It was just annoying me but it has gone now. Regards.

Gongoozler 13:53 04 Sep 04

ßéLâ, that site is another must have for my favorites folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…