Safely disconnect hardware.

charlton200 19:41 28 Jul 07

Hello
When I disconnect my camera or ipod I have to click on the safely remove hardware icon in the bottom right hand corner of the desktop.
This works fine usual.
But sometimes it is not there to safely disconnect. Where else can i find it without restarting please.

TY

Clapton is God 20:04 28 Jul 07

It could be that the Safely Remove Hardware icon is simply hidden.

Right click on a blank area of the Task Bar and choose Properties; Customise.

In the Customise Notifications list, find "Safely Remove Hardware" and then, on the right-hand side under Behaviour, click on whatever is currently showing and, from the drop-down list, choose 'Always Show'. Click OK, Apply and OK.

ambra4 20:26 28 Jul 07

Safely disconnect hardware

With a camera switch off the camera first, and just unplug it, with out any problem

Your IPod you can reject it from iTunes up arrow next to the device or the up arrow on the status bar of itunes page

Flash drives, external H drive etc you need to use the safety removal tool as the data on these items could be corrupted

If safety removal tool not showing shut down PC and remove device

QuizMan 20:45 28 Jul 07

This worked for me when I had the same problem last year. click here

Stuartli 20:54 28 Jul 07

The icon is normally only displayed if you have an appropriate component connected, such as a memory card.

charlton200 21:07 28 Jul 07

QuizMan,
thanks for that link, it worked brilliantly. I have the shortcut on my desktop, so no more problems with it.
Thanks to you all for your time and advise.

CHEERS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…