Safely delete?

karmgord 12:31 09 Apr 06

I have loads of files in my windows folder marked:- $NtuninstallKB986423$ and some others marked:- File005._dm can i safely delete these?

Belatucadrus 12:51 09 Apr 06

When your XP installs updates, it also makes a backup of the original settings and adds an uninstaller for the update, so that you can backtrack if the updates cause problems, these are the files you are looking at. If however your system is stable and you're happy to clear some space and don't need to backtrack, you can run click here xp_remove_hotfix_backup and clean them out. As the free version doesn't allow selection of what file to clear and wipes the lot, it's not a good idea to run just after an update. Wait a few days to make sure everythings OK before cleaning them out.
If you're not short of drive space, then the benfits of clearing them may be marginal, your call.

karmgord 18:01 09 Apr 06

Thanks for help Belatucadus system running fine so will delete

EARLR 23:59 09 Apr 06

bookmarked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…