Safe 'unsafe' OE attachments

Burnsy 15:33 06 May 04

Increasingly often I am getting the warning "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:" when in fact the attachments are regular business correspondence. Is there any way of altering my Outlook Express settings to allow these attachments to be opened. I am ruinning W98.

spikeychris 15:48 06 May 04

Open OE
go to tools, option, security and uncheck

" do not allow attachments to be saved .... "

Simsy 15:49 06 May 04

Tools>Options>Security, and Untick the box that says something like "disable access to potentially unsafe attachments"

(Note that I'm doing this from memory... I may have the route slightly wrong.... apologies if I have!)

Simsy 15:51 06 May 04

you just beat me...

Still it seems my memory didn't fail me!!

Burnsy 16:57 06 May 04

I've never seen that box before. And god knows I looked for it. But it did the trick of course. many thanks.

Stuartli 17:07 06 May 04

It's a feature of OE that's a waste of space as it often prevents bona fide attachments from being opened and permanent disablement is the answer; your AV software should spot anything suspicious and deal with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…