A 'safe' (only?) way to place img/nav on an img?

rolmes 16:31 18 Jul 06

I have found a way to place an image and my navigation text on top of another image without making the image a background image - i dont want it as a background because i dont want it to repeat on large screens. However, the only way i have found is to put the code for the upper image and navigation text OUTSIDE of the html tags i.e. after the closing html tag. Is this ok to do? or will the site look a mess in different browsers? it works fine in mine (internet explorer). Alternatively, does anyone know of a 'safer' way to do this? Sorry i cant provide a link to the site as it isn't live yet.

ade.h 16:54 18 Jul 06

If you design websites even as a hobby, you should always have as many browsers as possible installed on your PCs. Then you can check such things.

I very much doubt if your site will validate, though that may not matter to you *if* it works.

rolmes 17:03 18 Jul 06

I am in the process of getting more browsers installed, but for now would just like to know if it is safe to do the above as it WORKS on my browser. What do you mean by 'validate'?

ade.h 18:24 18 Jul 06

Do you not validate your code at all?

click here

rolmes 17:11 19 Jul 06

to repeat - what do you mean by 'validate'? thanks 'forum member' for trying to provide an answer to my question.

rolmes 17:12 19 Jul 06

i will now find out about the z-index and try this method.

ade.h 17:43 19 Jul 06

Did you not look at any of those links?!

Validation is a method of assessing the accuracy of code - HMTL, XHMTL, CSS; they can all be validated.

rolmes 17:51 19 Jul 06

sorry - didn't see link - will take a look now, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…