Safe Mode on Start-up

tristar 18:30 04 Mar 04

I have a Mesh computer running XP Home. I've had a long standing start up problem with this computer. Part of the latest advice from Mesh help was to start in safe mode by tapping the F8 key.
I've tried time and time again with no success, what usually happens is I end up at the DMI page with a flashing cursor and the message;
OS (Operating System? ) missing.
I cannot input anything to the cursor, and have no option other than switch off.
I've told Mesh about this, but have heard nothing.
Is there any other way to get into safe mode?

Tristar

fuzzyone 18:37 04 Mar 04

tristar,

sounds like your dmi pool is messed up.

Try shutting down, pulling out your power cable, and reset your configuration data by shorting the jumper on your mobo then replacing.

If you have a mobo manual, it would make it easy to find, if not post details of your mobo and, i,m sure we'll be able find out where it is.

tristar 18:50 04 Mar 04

I'm ashamed to admit, I have no idea what a 'mobo' is, let alone access to a manual about it!

Is it possible to explain very simply, please?

tristar 19:03 04 Mar 04

Gawd, penny has just dropped, motherboard - I seem to have missed that particular short cut word.
Sorry!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…