"SAFE MODE"

sordit 19:26 13 Mar 04

Hi
I wonder if someone could help. I tried upgrading my windows 98 to ME. Unfortunately, I have the SAFE Mode coming up . I shall be glad if someone could tell me how to delete the same.
Thanks
Felix

LastChip 19:42 13 Mar 04

With respect, your not being very clear on what your problem is.

But first, you can't Delete Safe Mode. It is inherent in the operating system and for good reason. It is the mode Windows boots into if you have problems, and an area that can be used to fix a non-normal boot situation.

Now what are you saying? You have tried to load ME and it's booting into Safe mode" or you can only boot '98 into Safe Mode?

sordit 18:06 14 Mar 04

Last chip
Thank you for the information. Yes, I tried upgrading Win 98 to ME and this safe mode came on. I cannot run a CD or anything. The following message appears:-" A required DLL file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CRTDLL. DLL was not found". How do I get this file?
Thank you

VoG II 18:12 14 Mar 04
  LastChip 18:12 14 Mar 04

Please explain how you went about upgrading your machine. Particularly, how did you start the process (boot).

LastChip 18:21 14 Mar 04

If you download the file from VoG's link, you need to unzip it, but once unzipped it's only about 180KBts in size. So if you use an alternative machine to download, it can easily be copied to a floppy to put in ME.

To do this, open ME in safe mode, place your floppy in the drive and copy the file to the;

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder (Not System 32)

Then try a reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…