Safe made, laptop will not go to safe mode ?

andy63walsh 08:00 19 Mar 09

I can't start laptop in safe mode, if I hit F8 it keeps rebooting and will never start in safe mode when I ask it to ? Any ideas

eedcam 08:22 19 Mar 09

Not as to why but you can get it into safe mode if you go Start>run> msconfig>boot ini and tick safe mode

andy63walsh 09:19 19 Mar 09

tried that, now it just keeps rebooting and won't work at all, any ideas how to get it to normal ?

rdave13 09:36 19 Mar 09

If vista try booting with the Vista disc in the drive and do a repair. If no disk you can create a repair disc; click here

andy63walsh 10:14 19 Mar 09

It's xp pro

andy63walsh 08:27 20 Mar 09

if i hit esc twice when it boots, i get the choice of cd rom network adaptor etc, can I plug a lan cable from a good pc and look into laptop and try to fix it like that ?

Taff™ 08:37 20 Mar 09

It won`t work like that! You need to repair the XP Pro OS - do you have an XP Pro disc and the COA sticker on the computer?

Taff™ 08:42 20 Mar 09

Can you get to the safe mode choices screen and select Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If so we could try a System Restore from there.

andy63walsh 08:50 20 Mar 09

I have the disc, but when i try it just keeps rebooting. If I choose s,mode with c,promt it still goes to safe mode on each corner of screen, but you dont get any choices to do any thing, just says safe mode in corners with black plain screen in centre ?

Taff™ 09:00 20 Mar 09

Are you booting from the CD-Rom with the XP disc in it? If it is rebooting in this scenario we may have a slightly different problem.

andy63walsh 09:18 20 Mar 09

what ever i try, it keeps rebooting, I've even tried xp home disc that came with pc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…