safe to download realplayer?

Grambo 16:53 13 Jan 03
  Grambo 16:53 13 Jan 03

Im running XP with Windows Media Player. Would there be any probs downloading the free Realplayer (this is mainly to pick up more radio stations). Can I keep Windows as the 'default'?
Thanks

powerless 17:01 13 Jan 03

Yes you can keep windows Media Player as the default.

When you install reaplayer just make sure you read each section it will ask if you want to use realplayer to play certain file types. In other words make realplayer your media player.

So just deselect the file types when you install and Windows Media Player will still be your default player.

Dont worry if you mess it up you can still put it right afterwards...

rawprawn 17:09 13 Jan 03

Powerless is right, you will have no problems so long as you "Tame it" by taking care when you configure it. I have mine set to play only Real files & I keep it off the internet. Make sure you keep Media Player as default. Good luck.

Gaz 25 17:55 13 Jan 03

I found it useless, it seamed to have a constant talk with its owner via the net so it used up speed on my conection. It also starts up with windows which is flippin annoyin even if you disable it it comes back.

Oh and don't get realdownload, really useless.

But it's up to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…