Safari for Windows

Tabvla 09:22 07 Apr 06

I want to check out a site on Safari but don't have access to an Apple Mac.

Does anyone know if there is a version of Safari that will run under XPSP2?

If there is it needs to come from a reliable source.

Tks

the3musketeers 13:32 07 Apr 06

I too would love to see one, at the moment I cannot afford a Mac but would like one in the future. However, I still try to get the applications on my PC because of there reliability and flexiblilty. So although I have no information on where to get Safari from, I'd love to know if you can and where from.

Forum Editor 08:42 08 Apr 06

about a Windows version of Safari, ever since 2003 when it was first released. As far as I'm aware there has never been a truly Windows-compatible version, although there have been numerous stories to the contrary.

The best 'Safari' running on Windows that I've ever seen was actually a tweaked version of Firefox.

pathport 11:17 09 Apr 06

Konqueror (a Linux browser) shares some of the same code as Safari. Knoppix is a version of Linux that can run entirely of a CD. If you have broadband you can download a Knoppix .iso from a site listed at click here

Burn the .iso to a CD. Stick the CD in your computer and set the computer to boot from the CD. Knoppix will usually autodetect network cards etc and you should be able to connect to the Internet (or you can browse files on your hard drive)

--
David

PurplePenny 13:39 09 Apr 06

PearPC is a PowerPC emulator so you could run Mac OSX and Linux (and therefore their browsers) in it as clients:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant