S-Video to TV

Matt45 14:57 29 Feb 04

I have connected my laptop computer to my TV using a Belkin PC-DVD to TV Cable Kit. The picture is stable when I tell my Mobility Radeon to use the United States of America Format but it is black and white. When I change it to United Kingdom and Ireland Format it is colour, but the picture is fussy and unreadable. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

jg1990 15:05 29 Feb 04

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my laptop and tele, the picture showing was in black and white. I fixed this by changing the settings for the AV channel on my tele to S-Video. I suggest you have a play around with the settings on your tele.

Regards

James

hugh-265156 15:19 29 Feb 04

set it to uk pal.

its b&w when you use us settings because its an ntsc output and it seems your tv doesnt support it.

text,webpages,email etc will be hard to read because a tv set uses a lower resolution and refresh rate compared to your laptop monitor.

dvds and games should look ok though.

SEASHANTY 15:47 29 Feb 04

Your TV needs to be set to S-VHS. If there isn't a menu option for this on your TV then it cannot use it.

hugh-265156 16:22 29 Feb 04

i may be missing something but Matt45 doesnt say if using svideo composite or scart connections??

if its this one click here try the scart adapter with it if your not using it already and then just select av on your tv.some graphics cards dont like 4pin svideo leads though and you may be better of using a seven pin svideo to composite cable adapter instead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…