S-video to scart

jz 16:34 30 Nov 03

Can I put an S-video signal into a TV scart socket. I have a soldering iron, so can make a lead myself, but does a scart socket have the necessary Y and C inputs? If so what pins are they on?

Irishman 16:54 30 Nov 03

What about the happy hippy?

click here

bremner 16:56 30 Nov 03

click here this may help if you are going to make it yourself.

SEASHANTY 17:00 30 Nov 03

Well they appear to make such a lead click here

Mike ® 17:02 30 Nov 03

Or click here

With regards to s-video inputs on tv scart yes most tv's support this, sometimes the tv will automatically switch between rgb/composite/s-video other times it's a manual setting (perhaps on one scart only). Are you thinking of maybe using the tv out on a graphics card?

Chegs ® 19:06 30 Nov 03

One of our local market stalls has scart 2 * connectors readymade.I bought a scart/s-video plug from him,now all I need is an s-video lead approx 10m long to get from TV to puter. :-)

DieSse 19:23 30 Nov 03

Make sure your TV supports svideo - otherwise you'll probably get a B&W picture only.

lixdexik 19:33 30 Nov 03

from maplins click here this link will take you to the maplins site..If you look for audio visual cables.you will find a Scart Phono / s-vhs adaptor. £11.99 which is just what you are looking for I think.

Cheers Lixdexik

lixdexik 19:35 30 Nov 03

just seen DieSse post..quite right check your TV if it don't support S-VHS you just get B/W picture.

Lixdexik.

You will need a lead for the sound if required as the lead you are making will not carry sound. As i found when down the same road.

jz 21:04 30 Nov 03

Thanks everyone, I'll take a look at those links.

It's actually for a digital camcorder which has an S-video output. The TV has scart but no separate S-video input socket. Maybe implies that the scart doesn't have S-video either, so as some of you have pointed out, I'll get a black and white picture.

I could instead use the video (PAL composite) output from the camcorder, but then the high video quality of the camcorder gets mangled by PAL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…