s-video laptop to tv

pcchambers 13:52 18 Jun 09

i have connected my laptop to my tv with a s-video out from my laptop plugged into the red yellow and black sockets on the tv. all i get on the tv is black and white lines. can anyone help me to get a picture?

btw the laptop is a fujitsu seimens amilo pi1505 and the tv is a bush ws6680sil.

Technotiger 17:31 18 Jun 09

You would probably have better results with a s-video to s-video cable, connected through a VCR with s-video socket. You would also need to connect audio cable laptop to VCR.

Tim1964 17:57 18 Jun 09

What input is the TV set on?

My Panasonic has DVB, AV1, AV2, AV2S, AV3 and AV3S options. If I use an S video connection the input has to set on AV2S for the back or AV3S for the connections on the front(next to the volume/channel buttons).

johnnyrocker 20:12 18 Jun 09

what make/model tv?

johnny

Technotiger 21:09 18 Jun 09

It is shown in his intial Post!! It is a very old Bush, with very little connection options.

Terry Brown 21:21 18 Jun 09

I agree with Tim1964, to get a good picture quality you ned to go through a VCR player.

Get hold of a Scart plug with S-Video connector, this will also have either left and Right audio (or mono only) and a video out (usually phono jacks) which should go into yout TV.
Terry

Technotiger 21:25 18 Jun 09

I agree with Tim1964 - ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5