s-video flickers

matt5705 18:08 29 Nov 03

hi

my laptop has a s-video plug in it iv got all the necessary cables and linked it to my tv (via av) i changed the laptop to PAL and it restarted it was all going well as it came up on the other tv till it comes to logon and the tv goes blank saying no signal.
And when i press fn+f5 to change screen it flickers and goes back to the laptop screen!
what's going on? And how do i fix it?

Jarvo 18:29 29 Nov 03

Hi

Have you enabled s-video out on your graphics card? Try right clicking your desk top and selecting propeties settings advanced and look at the dispays settings to see if it is enabled.
Once enabled you should be able to switch screens using Fn F5.

Jarvo

matt5705 18:45 29 Nov 03

it still fails to work

Jarvo 19:23 29 Nov 03

Is there a setting where you set for pal to set S-video as S-video I am sure is format in its own right, ie Pal NSTC are RF settings S-Video is direct signal. Also maybe a daft question is Your TV set to recive S-video on the relivent AV channel, if the TV is looking for a RGB or compisit signal may not be displaying correctly. other than that sorry I am lost.

Jarvo

matt5705 07:02 30 Nov 03

im sending it to av (the yellow plug) it comes up so i know it works on start up but when windows comes up with the log on it goes a blank

Jarvo 08:59 30 Nov 03

Hi

S video is a round multi pin plug at both lap top and tv end and Ive never seen a yellow one.
it sounds like you are using a pal compisit video out. Iam all most sure your problems lie with you video card settings for the tv moniter, I have seen the same problems with projectors. It is verry hard to work out what you have to do without seeing your video card settings(they all differ).I can only sugest that you try the help files start/help and suport, or if your laptop is new try the help lines (if low cost) or talk to the people who sold you it.

Regards

Jarvo

SEASHANTY 11:36 30 Nov 03

The yellow phono socket (RCA) is a COMPOSITE video
input and NOT S-VHS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…