S-M-A-R-T Capable but disabled

Flamin Noraa 17:00 12 May 07

I turned off my computer before going out then when I turned it back on it displayed a screen saying, 'Ultra DMA mode -5 S-M-A-R-T Capable but Disabled'
And now it won't leave this screen. I have viewed other posts but they all say it leaves the screen after a while. Its a AMD Sempron Processor 3000+ 1.8 Ghz . 960 Mb Ram.
I pressed the F2 Key which should bring up set up and nothing happened. I pressed the F11 key which should bring up the boot up screen and nothing happened and I tried inserting the Windows XP Pro SP2 CD but nothing happened.

RobbyMac 17:27 12 May 07

I always thought smart was enabled/disabled in the bios! Hit f2 or delete on boot and look at the hard drive settings!

Flamin Noraa 17:31 12 May 07

When I hit F2 nothing happens. It says Set up selected then goes to the S-M-A-R-T screen anyway

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:47 12 May 07

SMART is just a way to show HDD errors

Looks like it is only booting halfway through the Boot process and is stuck on that particular screen.

1. Make sure there are no CDs or floppies in the drives and attempt to reboot.

2. Unplug any other peripherals, printers / USB devices / external drives / Flash pens / MP3 players or cameras and attempt to reboot.

Flamin Noraa 18:10 12 May 07

Cheers turns out it was a dodgy USB stick. I thought i had unplugged them all but it was in a kinda hidden port

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…