Russian Radio's

Input Overload 09:22 21 Feb 10

About 20 years ago I bought a Russian radio with about 7 shortwave bands on it. I forget the make but after coming off night shift I often got radio Brisbane while unwinding with a cup of tea. Are these radio's still available anywhere?

morddwyd 09:44 21 Feb 10

I have no doubt that shortwave radios are still available for enthusiasts.

For actual listening, whether Brisbane or Bristol, I would use an internet radio - no fading, no interference, no supethet howl.

Input Overload 09:51 21 Feb 10

I have a small Roberts radio for shortwave listening despite being able to listen over the net too. I just liked the radio. I have no rational reason other than I want one.

Diemmess 10:58 21 Feb 10

I know the feeling!
Sure, all sorts are still available at a price!
click here

I bought an AOR 3000 scanner about 20 years ago for all sorts of feeble reasons and it has never let me down.

It sits in my workshop and delivers whatever I have in mind, though like my computer and its software, I will never use or even understand all the facilities and possibilities

Al94 11:23 21 Feb 10

Was it like this? click here

Input Overload 12:54 21 Feb 10

I found & bought one off EBay.

click here

I also collect Russian cameras, bino's etc.

Input Overload 12:56 21 Feb 10

Al94, yes the same. :-) i am a happy chappy now.

morddwyd 15:37 21 Feb 10

"I have no rational reason other than I want one."

The most logical and sensible reason of all!

Input Overload 01:53 24 Feb 10

I received the 'Selena' radio today & although it must be 30 years old it was sealed & came complete with instructions & a full circuit diagram.

Peeking inside I would estimate the life of the radio should be between 300 & 400 years. It is by far the best sounding radio I have heard, & brings back memory's of listening to the same model I had years ago that I gave to my brother so he could listen to the world service when he moved from the UK. I'm really pleased!

I look forward to fiddling with the many shortwave bands when I ought to be sleeping. :-)

Graham. 08:33 24 Feb 10

OK, I'll ask - Are the instructions in Russian?

Input Overload 08:58 24 Feb 10

Russian & translated English.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac