Rural Broadband?

bda72 21:47 21 Aug 03

There is a poster on my local notice board offering broadband with what would appear to be a similar technology to wifi. They claim that if 30+ people apply they will offer us a broadband connection for £80 installation then £20 a month there after. Has anyone used a similar scheme or heard of this company with an email address (broadband interest @ I would like to know for sure that this is a genuine offer before I start trying to get the 26 enquiries needed for activation.

mark500 22:36 21 Aug 03 i've heard of. It's part of freeserve. Contact them to find out the answer. i Don't know if that e-mail is freeserve also.

minter 01:27 22 Aug 03

For broadband you need to be connected to a telephone line. Have a look at click here, it may answer your question.

Djohn 02:37 22 Aug 03

click here Found this thread from last year, will give you some info. and a couple of links to "Rural" Broadband, hope this is of help to you. j.

bda72 08:01 22 Aug 03

Thanks for the replies guys, i've heard about plans to create "Hotspots" in rural areas for broadband so i'm just trying to find out if this company is legitimate. It doesn't appear to be satallite but uses wireless LAN and therefore will not have anything to do with the phone line. I have contacted the email address and have had swift replies each time answering my questions but am always suspicous and so would like to confirm this is a respectable company.

Many thanks again for all replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…