Runtimr error message

geedad 14:24 04 Jul 09

I am getting a Runtime Error message as follows:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error.
Program: C\Program Files\sony\usbsircs\USBsircs.exe
Abnormal program termination."

I DO have children play games on the PC, and I suppose they may close program inadvertently, but I am not sure how to solve this.
It happens when the PC is changed to another USER, where all the games are, although I am not sure at what stage it appears. It isn't difficult to get it off the screen, but I would like to know how to prevent it happening at all.
I see it refers to "sony", and "sony USB" and my PC IS a Sony.....?
Can anyone throw any light on this, please?
geedad

Graphicool1 16:12 04 Jul 09
  geedad 16:41 04 Jul 09

Graphicool1
Thanks, I did not know that this was internet related. I use Outlook Express, so can you help further, please?
geedad

mocha 22:17 04 Jul 09

Hi geedad,

It would be worth doing a full virus scan of your computer and also download and scan with malwarebytes anti malware click here if you have no virus/malware problems then uninstall your sony software and reinstall from your support disk. You could also do a system restore to a date before these problems started occurring.

Graphicool1 18:23 06 Jul 09
  geedad 19:15 06 Jul 09

Graphicool1
Brilliant!
Now I know exactly what to do!
How did you find that out?
Thank you, thank you!
geedad

Graphicool1 10:13 07 Jul 09

"How did you find that out?"

I just kept digging. Hope it works out for you. If it does, I am glad to be of help. G1

geedad 13:00 07 Jul 09

Graphicool1
Yes!
Thank you, once I knew where to aim, I got a bulls-eye!
I have the original, dedicated installation disc, and although it stipulated that I should uninstall Giga Pocket first ( there was no way to find it), I installed it again, and presto! the problem has gone away!
From the info that Sony gave, from your link, there was no danger from viruses etc., but nevertheless, it was great to be rid of it.
There is actually another story here, because I have an autistic grandson, and if anything is different from what he sees as normal, he does get quite upset, as he did when the error kept appearing as he was about to play one of his favourite games.
So, thank you again from both of us!
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…