Runtime Errors Everywhere

Boffin Boy 09:16 09 May 04

Recently i have been experiencing a huge amount of runtime errors when i surf the net. the messages are laid out like the following,

A Runtime Error has occurred
----------------------------
Do you wish to debug?
Line XX (different for different websites)
'XXXXXXXXXXXXX' 13(different for different websites)
is null or not an object

can you help?
i am running Windows 98 & IE6

Diodorus Siculus 09:38 09 May 04

Open IE

tools

internet options

advanced

tick "disable debugging" or something to that effect.

Boffin Boy 13:07 09 May 04

Diodorus Siculus

i looked 'disable script debugging is already checked'

thanks though

Baron_Mitford 15:20 09 May 04

I also have had this problem. Our IT Guru's at work turned off script debugging and I called then Blo*** cheats. This does not get rid of the problem, it just stops teleing you that it exists.

Another post in this forum has pointed me to the answer. There is a great page: "How to run the Microsoft Internet Explorer Repair Tool" at the following address:

click here

By following the instructions on the page for XP, I now have error free browsing where previously I had the same as you did. I found that the first fix did not clear the problem but the second one did.

I don't have any problems any more. Best of luck.

Baron_Mitford 15:21 09 May 04

Oops, I forgot to add.

Once you have applied the fix above, you will need to return to Windows update to make sure you have all the latest patches.

Boffin Boy 17:52 10 May 04

Thanks Baron_Mitford

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…