Runtime Errors again !!

Quiet Life 18:56 23 Dec 05

Hi I get the Microsoft Visual C+ Runtime library
error with abnormal program termination when ever I try to open or save to My Pictures File.

The programs involved are:
Internet Explorer\explorer.exe
outlook express\msimn.exe

I have done :
a full virus scan
runsfc /scannow
I do not have Yahoo or Google toolbars and am running XP prof. (so far without service packs).
I have no joy.
As I have said the problem only occurs when opening or saving to My Pictures. Any solutions welcome

MAJ 21:57 23 Dec 05

Try going to, Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab, click the "Manage Add-ons" button. In the "Show:" field, choose the "Add-ins currently loaded in Internet Explorer" option, and disable the Java Plug-in and the Sun Java Console entries (if they're there), Quiet Life.

MAJ 21:58 23 Dec 05

I should also say that you really must install SP2.

Quiet Life 23:09 23 Dec 05

Thanks your reply. I am using Internet Explorer6.028 (Version SP1) and there is no "Managed Add-ons" button on the Programs tab.
I had an IBM harddrive die without warning with the "IBM click of death" a few months ago and I did not get round to loading the service packs and then the runtime error crept in.
If I have to do a clean install I did not want to waste time installing the service packs.
I must have run without them for some years and the only benefit to me was the USB 2 and recogonising drives over 137gb.both of which I can live without. at the moment.
I have an ADSL router set up and am not too worried about security.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…