Runtime errors

Safwana 09:32 10 Apr 03

Since installing two MS security updates two weeks ago I have been getting runtime errors when connecting to the internet. (IE.7) Ususlly it reads: "runtime error line 493 object expected: do you want to debug?"
If I choose no, I can usually continue, but more errors occur later, often 559 next.

If I choose to debug, it takes around 20 minutes to go through an ever increasing list of more errors which never seem to complete. These same runtime errors occur the next time I connect.

I uninstalled the latest MS security updates with no effect. However, (I have XP) uninstall does not offer a list of updates in date sequence, and "properties" is unavailable in the uninstall mode so I am unsure which are the latest.

I see no reports of these errors in your correspondence. Any ideas please?

AndySD 09:48 10 Apr 03

Go to the top of the page choose Tools then Internet Options choose Advanced tab and tick Disable Script Debugging.

Lozzy 10:37 10 Apr 03

Do as Andy says but also there is a new patch on MS Windows Update for MS VM that will cure this script issue..

Safwana 15:51 10 Apr 03

Many thanks AndySD and Lozzy.
It now seems to be fixed. Is it normal that on downloading updates, settings are altered? I notice that I have often lost most of the "remembered" passwords to sites like PC Advisor following downloads.

Will MS recognize that I removed their two latest downloads and automatically inform me to download them?

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…