runtime errors

Rubroy 13:47 02 Jan 06

Every time I open my web browser (BT Yahoo)I receive a pop up message quote: A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 776. Errror: Expected ';'

If I choose 'yes' as an answer I am led into a maze of options that I simply do not understand and I get nowhere because I have to back off.

If I choose 'no' as the option I have to hit the 'no' option eleven times(exactly)to be able to use the browser home page.

Does anyone know what this is all about and how do I deal with it please? I would be grateful for help.

VoG II 13:53 02 Jan 06

In Internet Explorer, Tools|Internet Options, Advanced tab.

Tick Disable script debugging.

Untick Display a notification about every script error.

Rubroy 12:06 04 Jan 06

VOG

Many thanks. The advice worked and the problem has been resolved. I am still in the dark as to what script debugging is all about. Also as I have disabled script debugging, have I deprived my pc of a useful tool? Can you or any other knowledgeable user of this forum advise me on this or point me to a source of information please?

ACOLYTE 12:11 04 Jan 06

Have you tried using IE6 as your default browser instead of the BTYahoo one.

Rubroy 13:08 05 Jan 06

Acolite

Thanks for the thought although as you will see the problem seems to have been solved - actually BT Yahoo Broadband uses IE6 although it offers its own home page as BT Yahoo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now