Runtime error on opening one particular website

Diemmess 09:40 AM 20 Oct 12
Answered

Thanks to this website and the advice given,I was able to fix by email and telephone, a damaged I.E. and Outlook on an elderly friend's computer. I feared there might be more to come! This is the nub of what he asks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Never being satisfied, there is one niggle, which occurred sometimes before and is still there (once) since. This is with the Ramblers Website: click on the link brings up their site – fine – then as soon as it opens comes up ‘RUNTIME ERROR! This site has to be closed in an unusual manner…….’ and it goes round in a loop. Refers to C\Prog file\Int exp\intexplore.exe. Like the good ship venus, there is no way of stopping it. This is not totally new one. Any idea?"

Nontek 10:27 AM 20 Oct 12
Answer

Is this any help?

Also make sure Windows is fully updated, and if possible add more RAM or re-seat RAM sticks.

Diemmess 11:56 AM 20 Oct 12

Thanks Nontek. part of that link seems to refer exactly to what he needs. I'll phone him later today and see if the magic works!

Nontek 12:06 PM 20 Oct 12

OK - Good luck.

Diemmess 17:38 PM 20 Oct 12

Success. Many thanks for your help

Nontek 17:49 PM 20 Oct 12

Great, thanks for your feedback.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites