Runtime error in MS word

ray27 18:57 18 May 04

Sometimes when I am using word to type something I get an error report saying something about a runtime error.

I click ok and then I am back to the desktop, and have lost all the typing.
As I said, it doesn't happen every time it only happens when I seem to be taking a long time typing, or is it my imagination?

Can anyone explain what is happening?

Many thanks for any advice

gold 47 01:40 19 May 04

Go to google and type run time error there is a lot of info here.
click here

Djohn 04:17 19 May 04

I think you are using WIN. XP if I remember from your other threads but I don't know which version of Office.

It sounds as though you have a corrupted file in Word. Try a repair of Office. Also do a scan for virus with your virus checker. Please post back if you need advice on a virus checker and spyware detection/removal programs. j.

ray27 07:44 19 May 04

I have spy bot and ad-aware installed thanks to advice on this forum.
I also have Norton Sytem Works 2003 with their Anti virus so I think I am OK there.

gold57 I did as you advised ,and I found a site with the relavent info on it but I need the error code to proceed further so I will wait until it comes up again and note the number

Many thanks for your advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…