Runtime Error Message - How and why?

cocteau48 20:19 16 Aug 07

Yesterday I noticed,on shutting down the system, -and just before the log-on screen disappeared and everything shut down - I got the following message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Windows\system32\svchost.exe
Pure Virtual Function Call

How long this has been going on I cannot say as I do not normally sit and watch the system shut down and it did not appear to have any detrimental effect on the running of the system.

Googling seemed to lead to pure programming sites and forums way over my head and also that the "6025 pure virtual function call" can be generated by various different programmes.

Restoring an Acronis image from a couple of days ago did not cure the problem but restoring an image from a ten days ago has done the trick so I have obviously done something between those dates to cause the error message.

It has now gone but has anyone got any explanation,in simple terms,what this message means and what may have generated it?

SANTOS7 21:04 16 Aug 07

If you have installed a programme that doesn't quite work properly (buggy) you can invoke this type of error message...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…