Runtime Error invalid backweb app "id 7288971

Vialli007 23:17 18 Jan 04

Every time I start my pc i get a pop up saying runtime error invalid backweb application "id 7288971". Anyone got any ideas on how to stop this appearing every time I start up?

Q-Bie 23:19 18 Jan 04

Go to the run command and run msconfig. Look in the startup tab for something called backweb and untick it.

Do you by any chance have a packard bell? They use backweb for their activsurf support program.

Vialli007 23:36 18 Jan 04

thanks for the quick response - I've tried what you said but cannot find backweb in the startup tab of msconfig. My pc is an evesham pc and I run Windows XP. this message only seems to have appeared since I ran a search for MP3s. any ideas?

wheelie 00:46 19 Jan 04

If you have any Logitech peripherals it might be a good idea to go into MSCONFIG and untick the associated programs in the "Startup" tab. These would include such things as "MMKEYBD.exe" and "ITouch" - at least one of which is spyware IIRC. Backweb is *definitely* spyware and is probably linked to one of these programs.

Given that the problem only appeared after you did a search for MP3s, I think a virus check and an Adaware scan might also be a good idea.

hugh-265156 10:00 19 Jan 04

click here

spybot or adaware will remove it click here click here

it is adware and as Q-Bie says above is installed on pb computers with activsurf and others such as compaq hp etc with various things.you wont find a listing in add remove but you may find it in msconfig as a start up item.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…