Runtime error in IE6

Datcho 17:09 28 Jan 03

Since installing IE6 from a PC Advisor cover disk, I am unable to access a website using a link in an email. If I click such a link I receive an error box with the words: Runtime error 216 at 00002EE1. My PC then locks up completely and I have to switch off at the electric wall socket [even the off switch on the PC locks up!] Can anyone help?

spikeychris 17:16 28 Jan 03

Have you run a virus test lately?

Datcho 17:32 28 Jan 03

Thanks - the answer is "yes" - the fault is more than just a virus problem, but thanks again anyway.

spikeychris 17:44 28 Jan 03

The reason why I ask is Runtime Error 216 can be associated with the SubSeven Trojan virus.

Chris

Datcho 17:26 04 Mar 03

Apart from two kind responses from spikeychris, no one else seems to have an answer - or do they? Is there anyone else out there who can help me? I was still experiencing the problem, so now I 'copy' the URL in the e-mail, 'comeout' of Outlook Express, click on the 'Stay connected' box, then open up Explorer and 'paste' the URL to complete the link. It is a long drawn out job which would be much simlified if I was not plagued with this 'runtime error'. Please see my original message for details, if you can help! Please! From Datcho.

spikeychris 19:05 04 Mar 03

Sometimes its easier to start again then try to fix it. There are a few reasons why the runtime can pop its head up, so you could just un-install IE6 and then re-install.

You could also go to add/remove programs and click to un-install IE6 but choose the repair option you will get. This could save you the trouble of the un-install..

click here for info on how to un-install

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…