Runtime Error

KAI 17:18 23 May 03

In the last week or so I've received 3 runtime Error messages, Runtime Error 216 00002B34 and 00004A86. i've tried scanreg, defrag,scandisk and even have tried the Microsoft Web site, ifound a 216 runtime error there and ran A special Anti virus download and it came up with nothing. I run M.E addition and have put two pieces of software on recently which are ACDSee and Maxmem.
Can anybody help please.

Kai.
Would appreciate it

spikeychris 18:59 23 May 03

Is this a runtime IE error? the script debugger option Specifies whether you want to turn off your script debugger. Script debuggers are used by Web site developers to test programs and scripts on their Web pages. The script error option Specifies whether to display the actual script errors when a page does not appear properly due to problems with its scripting.

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Click on Tools, then on Internet Options.

3. Click on the Advanced tab.

4. Look for the "Disable script debugging" line and put a check mark in the box.

5. Now look for the "Display a notification about every script error" line and remove the check mark in the box.

Chris

KAI 19:18 23 May 03

Have tried that spikeychris and found that everything was set the way you set out above, the last time it happened I was comeing out of Explorer, I clicked ok on the message and then everything froze, I ended up trying c. a. delete which did nothing and ended switching of by button

Thanks anyway

Kai

spikeychris 19:28 23 May 03

Windows ME ships with IE 5.5 I think.. so Click Start > Settings > Control Panel, then double-click Add/Remove Programs
On the Install/Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or 5.0 and Internet Tools, click Add/Remove, click the Repair Internet Explorer option, and then click OK.

The above will repair IE if its damaged..

Chris

KAI 16:42 24 May 03

Hi Have tried the method you have recomended and removed the two pieces of software I recently put on,done another defrag and scanreg and scandisk so fingers crossed, unfortunately I'll have to wait a while to see if everything is OK but will let you know what happens.

thanks for taking the time to reply anyway

Kai

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…