Runtime error 53

Split 15:52 09 Jun 04

I have this window barging in when ever I try to install a particular egame. It tells me that the file 'addon2VB.dll' cannot be found. The file is in Windows System 32 but not in the registry. 'Symantec' and 'Simply The Best' web sites suggest that Ad-Aware programe is to blame and whilst they give advice on how to solve the problem (removing the addon file from the registry), it ain't worked with me and this included using the Windows XP Home Restore system. I have also downloaded and activated Ace Utilities to clean up the registry but that has done nothing. I am wondering if the addon file should actually be installed into the registry file. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Stuartli 16:39 09 Jun 04
  rawprawn 17:06 09 Jun 04

Have you tried running a system file check. Start/Run/ type sfc /scannow you will need your XP CD

rawprawn 12:09 10 Jun 04

See my email, there is a space btween sfc and /scannow. Unless you type it exactly it won't be recognised.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…