runtime c++error

jimmer409® 18:25 11 Apr 09

hi, my problem happens when i try to search! I hit start, search, it lets me enter in what im searching for and then i get this message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
program c:windows/explorer.exe
Help appreciated

jimmer409® 05:56 12 Apr 09

come on guys, I thought if anyone could help it would be this forum, please prove me right, thanks

mole44 06:03 12 Apr 09

please moderate your attitude,we are not slaves but helpers.we DO NOT come at a flick of a finger. Have you tried reinstalling explorer or even tried using firefox.have you also tried googling your problem or typing in the search foram for the answer first.

jimmer409® 07:10 12 Apr 09

thanks mole44, yes tried all that. figured it out myself this morning. figured problem had to do with a msvc*.dll file, ran search and found search was searching my c and d (slave) drives, in the d drive there was and acronis backup image containing old c++ files, as the image files can not be opened, search was throwing up the fault, deleted the image and now all fine, will create new backup later, hope this helps anyone who is having a c++ problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…