Running XP Home.....Problem with System restore

Jew 14:04 09 Jan 04

I am unable to view Restore (or Check) points beyond the current month in System restore.
Up to recently I was able to click the left hand arrow on System restore calendar and this would enable me to view previous months check points but for some reason - no longer!
I have placed "Disk space to use" in System properties at maximum (13736MB).

Am I correct in thinking that XP home should create Automatic Check points?
Incidentally System restore is switched on!!!

keenan 14:38 09 Jan 04

click here

In brief:
System checkpoints

System Restore creates regular scheduled checkpoints even if you have not made any changes to the system. System Restore automatically creates these checkpoints:

Every 10 hours that your computer is on
and,

Every 24 hours in real time
If your computer is off for more than 24 hours, System Restore will create a checkpoint the next time you turn it on. The computer must be idle for a few minutes before System Restore will create a scheduled checkpoint.

To give System Restore more disk space to save information.

Open System properties in Control Panel.
Click the Performance tab, and then click File System.
On the Hard Disk tab, move the System Restore disk space use slider to allot more space for System Restore.
Click Apply, and then OK.
Notes

If you do not click Apply, the changes will not be saved when you click OK and close the dialog box.
System Restore requires at least 200 MB of free space on the hard disk (or partition that contains your Windows System folder). For the best performance and protection, you should try to allocate more space than that.
By default, when Windows installs System Restore on your computer, it allocates about 12 percent of your disk space for storage.

keenan 14:40 09 Jan 04

sorry wrong link click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:45 09 Jan 04

Does it tell you if it reverts back to a point before as i loaded xp many a time and the settings have changed back to what they were.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…