Running Wordstar for Windows 2.0 Maillist in XP

PeterAnsell 17:37 18 Aug 05

For many years I have used Wordstar's Maillist and it has worked with Windows 3.1, Windows 95 and 98. However in Windows XP on opening Maillist I get the message 'Cannot find WSW3D.dll' and then 'Unable to find WSW3D.dll' Maillist then opens in an outline fowmat which can be used in the normal way apart from printing when the program locks up. The file WSW3d.dll is where is should be in the WSWin folder.
Can anybody help please?

Detroit

DieSse 21:55 18 Aug 05

Have you tried running it in the various compatability modes - see WinXP help for how to.

woodchip 21:59 18 Aug 05

Place the DLL's in the Program Folder where the Program .EXE is, that start WordStar

PeterAnsell 19:00 19 Aug 05

Many thanks for these comments. The dll files are with the exe files in WSWin folder. I have experimented with running in Win 95 and Win 98 modes and now get Maillist up on the screen with no message re missing dll files. However on asking to print preview or print without preview a new screen opens - Ca-ret with the option of opening a selection of .ret files which seem to relate to earlier printings which sometimes I can print but more often than not the program freezes up and I have to shut the programs Maillist and Ca-ret in Task Manager. Any more suggestions please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…